Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Los títulos aburridos

I can't really think of anything too exciting that happened today. I went to school and had a full night of private lessons. At school, the students as I said before are learning the members of the family in English and animals in Science. Classroom management is still a problem in some classes and that makes it difficult for the students to learn, but hopefully that will continue to improve throughout the year. We still have several months left to help them improve their behavior, so here goes nothing.

For my science class, we had a speaker come and talk to the students about renewable and non-renewable energy. It was actually very interesting, well actually I guess I knew all of the information, but I was proud of myself for understanding everything in Spanish and I still learned new words. For example, a wind turbine is called an aerogenerador. Also, after the talk the students got an activity book and a backpack and they were psyched about it. Also, we got a poster on energy for the classroom and I am helping to translate the main points into English so that the students can learn the English words! :) YAY! That will be happening tomorrow. Hope the students are ready to learn "Wind farm" and "Hydro-electric power plant." Ha. :) Thank God they are sponges.

Also, we had some disorganization in the school today. I was with a kindergarten class and we were going to the library and we met another class at the door. Neither teacher had signed up on the door to use the library and obviously both had planned to go to the library that day. Needless to say, they had to compromise while standing in the hallway with the students staring and the class I was with didn't end up going to the library. But, props to the teacher for coming up with something else to do while we were in the building with the library (her classroom is in a different building). So, we visited another kindergarten class briefly and they sang us a song that they had learned ("All in the Golden Afternoon" from Alice in Wonderland in Spanish). 

Overall it was a good day at school and I started my private lessons back up today. I so enjoy all of my lessons even though they take a lot of time. But really, what else would I be doing? Catching up on blogs? Probably not, even though I should.

Anyway, it's time for bed. Hope you are all well! Have a great day!

Also, I haven't even blogged about Tim, my boyfriend, visiting me yet, but he came to school with me for a few days when he was here and I have had a few students ask more than once about where he is. "So sorry kids, he's back in the states. I miss him, too." It's cute they asked though.

No comments:

Post a Comment