Sunday, January 19, 2014

Fútbol para el finde

January 17-19, 2014

This weekend was a pretty good one and I didn't get to any blogging so I am throwing the whole weekend into one blog. Friday was pretty good, I had a few classes on Friday along with the teacher's class that I think went pretty well. We talked about snowmen, which I know kind of sounds silly, but they got to practice all of their language skills, so I think it went pretty well. I was happy with the lesson anyway, but it's hard to know sometimes as the teacher. Anyway, after I got home from school on Friday, I relaxed and watched The Bachelor (I still have those guilty pleasure T.V. shows from the U.S. that I watch..I can't help it). I also got to Skype with my boyfriend, which was really good! The rest of the evening I literally did nothing except for relax and it was fantastic! Well, relax and get stuff done. I wrote a few blogs because I am still in the process of trying to catch up on Christmas vacation blogs, but yea. Friday was a good night. I also hung out with both of my roommates for a little bit.

As for yesterday, Saturday, I got up, ate an American breakfast consisting of eggs and toast, got some pictures uploaded to Facebook, and then, I went and played soccer. Yep, that's right. The Free Fitness Madrid group that I was running with in the fall joined another group that has soccer pick-up games in Madrid every weekend. So Karin and I went and played and it was actually a blast and I'm really sore from it. Also, one of the girls we met there went to a university that is in the same town that Karin and I went to, so that was crazy! What a small world, even in Madrid. Also, I scored a goal, kinda. Well, I mean I definitely scored a goal, but there was a dispute about whether the ball was out of bounds before it got passed to me, but who cares because in the final score, the goal counted. So yea, I scored a goal! Yay! After playing soccer for about two hours, Karin and I came back to my place for a bit and then did the 7-minute work out, which was pretty exhausting, then we ran to the store and went to her place. We spent the evening there making dinner and chatting. Then, I went home and fell asleep very quickly.

Today, Sunday, I slept in big time. It wasn't really my plan to (it never is), but when I wake up in the morning, I always just want to sleep more, ha. I finally got out of bed around 11 a.m. and had another American breakfast. Then, I joined Karin and Stephanie in the early afternoon to go to a market. We met a friend there and hung out for quite awhile just chatting, then we went on an ice cream run. After that, Karin, Stephanie, and I went shopping for a little bit. All the stores have post-Christmas sales going on right now so we thought we would check it out, but none of us actually ended up buying anything, but it was still nice to look around. We then went our own separate ways and I have spent my evening Skyping my family and talking to some college friends, which has been great. Now I am going to try and blog a little and then I might hit the sack early again. I should probably not sleep in tomorrow and actually get stuff done! I hope all of you had good weekends and I will talk to you soon! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment