Thursday, December 29, 2011

El año nuevo

Okay, so it's time for the New Year's post.  Last week, I was asked what my New Year's resolution is.  Well, to be honest, at that point in time, I had absolutely no clue!  I've never made a New Year's resolution, so I figured this would be a good year to start.  So after I decided to make one this year the hard part came...  What will it be?  I probably haven't given this as much thought as I should have, but here are the things that I came up with.

1.  Try not to stress out during next semester (I made this one because I have several hard classes and I will be REALLY busy so I need to remember to stay calm and relax during the stressful times)

2.  Choreograph at least three dances (I have a couple songs that I've been wanting to choreograph to for awhile now so I might as well stop dilly dallying and do it this year!)

3.  Thanks to Pinterest, I found a quick and easy workout that I should be able to fit into my schedule on a daily basis.  The plan is to do this everyday or at least do it on the days that I don't have dance.


4.  Stretch (A huge part of dance is flexibility so after the above workout, I would like to stretch so that my flexibility increases)

So that's all I can really come up with for now, but there are also little things that I would like to do, too.  For example, number 5 would be to make someone smile every single day and do something nice for someone everyday.  I hope that I am able to keep these resolutions and I wish luck to all of you who have made resolutions as well!  I'm sure I will think of more as the new year draws closer, but these are the ones that I have right now.  One last thing that I would like to do for the year also came from Pinterest:
Throughout the year, write down memories that make you smile. On New Year's Eve, open it up and reread all of the good stuff that made the year wonderful!  I think that this is a great idea and I can't wait to start it!

One last thing.  Be safe on New Year's Eve.  All of you have people in your life that cherish you so please be safe, smart, and responsible.

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE the jar idea...come spring semester we should do one just for you and I and open it up at the end of the semester...or wait and keep filling it up senior year then open it before graduation!

    ReplyDelete