Saturday, December 10, 2011

Mi santo y último día

So today, my plan was to get up early and pack so that I could spend the day doing whatever I wanted to do, well of course that didn't work out because I was tired so I slept in, but fortunately, I still had a great day.  I started out my day by meeting Tonisha and Mark to go and turn in our cell phones.  We walked to Marion's (CIEE coordinator) house in order to turn them in.  Then we went to Café Z for our very last frozen fresas.  We all shared one, it was awesome!
Then, we went to the bank to get shiny coins.  There was a huge line at the bank and we grabbed a number, but luckily we know a guy (a.k.a. Tonisha knows a guy) so we were kind of allowed to cut in front of a lot of people in order to get our shiny coins.  We felt kind of bad, but at the same time, I'm glad it was quick because I had to make it back to my house for my birthday lunch.  Oh, by the way, it was/is my birthday today, my 21st birthday to be exact.  I probably didn't spend my 21st birthday like the average 21 year old, but that's okay with me.  I had a great day!  I don't need the stereotypical 21st birthday bar crawl to make me happy.  Anyway, after the bank, we went to the markets one last time.  Tonisha wanted to buy a Christmas ornament and a snow globe so we got those and then it was time to part ways with Mark.  Although I wish that all 14 of us CIEE students lived near each other, I am very thankful that Mark, Tonisha and I live near each other!

Anyway, Tonisha was invited to my birthday lunch so we headed to my house for that.  For appetizers we had Papas a la huancaína, which are delicious and then, of course, for my birthday lunch, I chose to have Lomo saltado.  What a good choice on my part, because it was ALL delicious!!!  Then, of course we had chocolate cake and they all sang 'Happy Birthday' and 'Feliz Cumpleaños' to me.  It was fun!  Then, I finally started packing!  Tonisha kept me company for awhile, which was nice.  You want to know something else that's nice?  The fact that Tonisha is taking a small suitcase with her for me!  Number one that's awesome because then I can get all the stuff home that I need to and number two because that guarantees that I will see her again!
Tonisha, Tómas, Kitty, and I
After she left, I finished up packing.  Boy, was packing a task.  Good thing Tonisha took a suitcase because I think my suitcase is 3/4 filled with souvenirs. :)  I'm hoping that I have no problems at the airport tomorrow.  It's supposed to be under 40lbs, but I don't think it is, but luckily, I already have a plan for wehn they tell me it's too heavy, but hopefully I don't have to use the plan!  Anyway, after packing, I went to the grocery store.  I picked up some of the things that I wanted to bring home with me such as Inca Kola.  I've actually heard that you can find Inca Kola in the states, but I'm bringing some back anyway because I'm not sure where I would go to find it in the states.  Anyway, I took a taxi home from the grocery store just so that I could get rid of my last three non-shiny soles:  I probably should have put those soles to better use, but it's too late now.  Anyway, I sat down with my mom to have leftover lomo saltado and we chatted for a bit.  I told her that I bought some stuff at the store to take home.  She asked what and one of the items was Sublime, which is kind of the Peruvian Hershey's bar, but not as good and she refused to let me take that chocolate home and call it Peruvian.  So after dinner, we walked to Larcomar to a place called La Iberica, which is a very good Peruvian chocolate place apparently, and we bought the proper chocolates for me to bring home. :)

Other than that, I have just relaxed tonight, done some blogging, and watched Super 8 and Home Alone 2.  I'm think I'm ready to be home!  Also, thanks to all of you who have given me birthday wishes!  It's been a good one!

No comments:

Post a Comment