Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Ouch.

So I was running a little late this morning to my ballet class.  I was a tad late to begin with just because I took my time eating breakfast, but the fact that I got off one micro and onto another one didn't help my time issue.  The first cobrador tried charging me extra again.  I feel like this is going to become a regular occurrance.  Good thing that there are good cobradores out there that don't try to overcharge people.  It was pretty easy to get off the micro and walk three micros back and get on that, but I was still late to class.  But you should know that when I say late, I mean late by my standards (not Peruvian ones).  It's weird, for my dance classes at Carthage, when you're ten minutes late, you don't dance that day.  But,  when you're ten minutes late here, you're actually on time.  I showed up when everyone else usually does.  So I guess when I say I was late this morning, I really wasn't at all.  Anyway, ballet was challenging as always and I'm definitely sore.  All the walking from this weekend made my legs hurt so ballet didn't help either (ouch!), but I love it so much so that's okay.

In between my ballet and cine class, I ate lunch.  And because I ate lomo saltado for dinner last night that meant that I had it for lunch today, too.  How lucky am I?! :)  Also, I got a significant amount of homework done so it was perfect!!  In cine tonight we watched a Polish movie.  I actually don't know what the title was and it really didn't hold my attention that well, but it essentially had the theme of justice and injustice.  The movie was probably my least favorite of the class so far, but that's okay because it was a short movie and we got out of class an hour early.

When I got home, of course I watched two more movies.  One was Julie & Julia, which was a good movie.  The movie is about a girl named Julie who decides to blog her way through Julia Child's cookbook.  As a new blogger myself, it was fun to watch a movie about another person who is new to the blogging craze.  However, one difference between Julie and I:  Her blog at one point was the third most read blog and mine will never be that popular, but really who cares about popularity, as long as my few readers enjoy reading my blogs that's all that matters to me.  My second movie that I watched was Dirty Dancing:  Havana Nights.  Tonisha let me borrow it because she was shocked that I hadn't seen it before.  It was a good movie and I was able to put it on Spanish subtitles to get some practice in. :)  Overall, the night was good, I'm going to read a little bit for my ethnography class then I'm going to go to bed.  Oh and the most popular way to say "Sweet Dreams" here is "Dulces Sueños."  Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment