Sunday, September 18, 2011

Domingos

So Domingo might turn into one of my favorite days, too, besides Tuesdays and Thursdays.  After seeing everybody in Parque Kennedy last week, Tonisha and I decided we would take a stroll this week.  I think I've mentioned this before, but a road that is really close to both Tonisha and I is closed on Sundays until 1 p.m. so that people can walk, bike, skate, etc. so Tonisha and I thought we would give it a shot today.  As I was walking to pick up Tonisha, again I saw people doing aerobics in the park as well as some badminton and soccer.  I know this is sappy, too, but tears were also brought to my eyes because I saw a dad holding and running alongside his son's bike for him because he was teaching him how to ride it.  It was a scene straight out of a movie and it just reminded me of all the things that parents teach us how to do because their parents and that's what they do. :)  Parents are truly amazing and I wouldn't be the person I am today without mine!

Once I got to Tonisha's house, I leashed her up and we left..  Haha, just kidding, I didn't put a leash on Tonisha, but we did put a leash on Tonisha's host dog, Onyx.  I don't think it would be appropriate to write how I really feel about that dog, but let's just say he's not trained.  Luckily, Tonisha is the one who held the leash the whole time, so I didn't have to worry about him.  We walked a lot of Arequipa (that's the street's name) and then walked back.  Once we got back to Tonisha's, she realized that she forgot her key and noone was home.  Her host mom, sister, and nephew are currently out of town, her host dad was at his club swimming, and her host brother and empleada were at her host brother's new apartment he just bought.  Needless to say, we were locked out, getting tired of the untrained dog, waiting...  I don't know exactly how long we waited (it wasn't a bad wait) and her brother and empleada showed up to let us in.  We sat down for a few minutes and then I headed home.  Oh, by the way, it was sooo sunny and beautiful today!!!  It was a great walk..about 7 miles today.  Next week, Tonisha and I might join in on the aerobics and then rent bikes and ride those.  We saw a tandem bike and neither of us have riden one of those so we might have to try that. ;)

When I got home, I went out to lunch with my host mom to the bakery place that I now know so well.  We chilled there for awhile and when we left, she had to check on a building that she is in the process of constructing.  As I said before (I think) she is in charge of the construction of various apartment buildings and right now she is building one that has to be done by January, so I got to see it so far.  I got to put on a hard hat and everything to go in.  It's definitely still in it's beginning stages, but it's going to be very nice and spacious.  We then stopped at the grocery store for a few things and we got home later than expected.  I still have pretty much all my homework to do and I'm hoping to refrain myself from watching another movie.  Also, I'm really looking forward to dinner because I'm on my own and I'm definitely going to make some plain spaghetti noodles!  If you know me, then you know I love pasta, and I've been looking forward to this for awhile now! :)  I hope you all have greats cenas, too!!  Buenas noches!

No comments:

Post a Comment