Sunday, September 29, 2013

Tengo un piso!

So, I'm sure many of you have the same question..Did she get the apartment? Well, I am here to tell you that the answer is "Yes." My soon-to-be roommate messaged me this morning to let me know that she got ahold of the landlord and that all is good! I am moving in tomorrow afternoon! Yay, goodbye to the hostel and hello to a great apartment! I called the other apartment to let them know that I wouldn't be taking it and they seemed alright with it. They may have even been expecting it, since I took so long to respond. Anyway, today Karin and I met at Stephanie's new place and went to the Rastro with one of Stephanie's roommates, Margo. The Rastro is a huge, popular flea market that takes place every Sunday all year round. It's apparently in all of the tourist books and it is a highly recommended place to go...so, we went. And I have a feeling I will be going back a lot over the next nine months. I saw many things that I wanted to buy for not only myself, but for my Spanish classroom that I will eventually have. The only thing I wanted/needed to buy today was a watch and I found one for three euros. When we arrived back at Stephanie's flat, her other roommate asked if we bought anything and I showed him my watch. He called it a "Chinese" watch. I assume this is because the shops that are found on many streets here are called "chinos." And they are called "chinos" because usually Chinese people work in those shops. This is not me saying this, just so you know. Anyway, I guess the watch that I bought looks like one that you would buy in one of those corner stores, although I bought it from a Spaniard. See for yourself, but it looks like a normal watch to me...
Anyway, I know he was kind of kidding and yet I still don't get it. Anyway, We hung out with Stephanie's roommates for quite awhile and we watched a somewhat ridiculous movie called In and Out. I then returned to Karin's place to eat dinner and hang out. I got the opportunity to talk to my mom, dad, and grandma today, too, which was great! If any of you blog readers are traveling internationally, MagicJack is a great app that allows you to make free calls. All you need is Wifi. Well, right now I am still at Karin's and we are watching The Reader. So far it's a good movie, but I am going to go for now and concentrate on watching it. Then, I will be heading back to the hostel for the last night. WOO! Tomorrow, I might have a better blog, since I am moving into my new place! Have a great night. Go Cowboys! Hasta luego.

No comments:

Post a Comment