Monday, February 10, 2014

La iglesia

Okay, so I know that I haven't blogged in awhile and I'm just warning you that it might be like that for the next few months. Things haven't been too exciting and I don't want to bore you constantly with the same old stuff that happens at school, but I promise I will still let you in on all of the fun details. So, starting with last Friday, I went to school and had a short day and had the teachers class where I again got to work with the Promethean Board. After school, I just hung out all afternoon and then I went to a small group with Karin and Stephanie. We met a girl named Katelyn at the beginning of the year through the free fitness group and we found out that her and some friends started a small group. They get together once a week and talk about what God is doing in their lives. They usually get together on Thursday nights so I don't know if I can go every week, but I really enjoyed going on Friday. There was a group of 7 of us and we met at a Christian café/bookstore. All the girls were so nice and it was great to just talk with them. After the small group, Stephanie and Karin came over to my place for a little bit and just hung out.

On Saturday, I did not leave the house and it was fantastic. I finished up some more application stuff for the job search that I am currently doing and I watch How I Met Your Mother for a long time and I watched a little bit of the Olympics (slopestyle and cross-country skiing). I decided that I love the patchwork for the games. It's so cool. It's below if you don't know what I'm talking about.
Also, I love the commercial that plays here right before they start showing the events again. It's not your typical NBC dunnnn dunnnn, dundun dun dun dun song, although I do miss hearing that, so let's pause and listen to that...
So, I had no idea that song was so long. Anyway, I really like the song/intro that has been playing here. I mean maybe it's playing in the U.S. right now, too, but I have no idea. Anyway, it's a cool intro with all the sports being represented and the patchwork is incorporated and the song is AWESOME, but I just spent a lot of time trying to look for a video and I couldn't find it. :( So, I'll either look again later or I might just have to record the T.V., ha. Anyway, that's what I spent my Saturday doing.

On Sunday, I went to church with Karin for the first time since being here, even though my body tried to make me miss it..I woke up 10 minutes before I was supposed to leave. Anyway, we went to church at an international church called Immanuel Baptist Church and it was so great! The whole church was so international. Their congregation represents 44 different countries. Also, there were so many kids, which surprised me for some reason. Anyway, the service was in English and I really liked it because of the music. I love the traditional hymns that we sing at my home church, but I also enjoy a good contemporary song and the service had a mixture of both! It was awesome! The service was on forgiveness and it was really nice. After the service, they have a fellowship time a.k.a. time for tea and crumpets and then we attended a women's bible study that is titled "Experiencing God" and we discussed prayer. It was a really good morning and I definitely plan on going back. It was just a good atmosphere to be in and it helped me clear my head, since I have had a lot going on lately.

After church, I went to Karin's house for lunch and to spend the afternoon watching the Olympics. We watched some downhill skiing, a biathlon, luge, figure skating, and ice dancing. It was so great, but we started to reminisce about that NBC Olympic song that I posted above and just the overall games in the states. It seems like nobody cares about the winter Olympics here. We also were nerds and looked up certain sports and some statistics. Spain has only 20 athletes in the Games, as opposed to the 230 U.S. athletes. We even did the math on the ratio of athletes to population and the U.S. has about .0000003% more athletes for population, than Spain does. So there's some nerdy trivia for you. After that, I went back home and watched a movie with Lucia. It was called In Burges. I wouldn't suggest it. It was weird. Anyway, I spent the night just hanging out and that's it.

Today, Monday, I woke up pretty early for my day off and made breakfast and did some application stuff. Then, I watched several episodes of How I Met Your Mother and then did some laundry and cleaned. Today was a pretty relaxed day after that and I just had my Spanish class at night and then came home and watched El Hormiguero. It was a good night and now it's time for bed. I hope all of you had great weekends and I will keep you posted. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment