Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Huele bien

Today was a pretty good day at school. My first graders finished up the family chapter and started on the clothing unit today. Some students already knew a lot of the clothing items, which is awesome. On another note though, I hope that we teach them more than what is in their book, especially since they have a good grasp on the basics. Also, I think it's really good that they have a C.D. for pronunciation because the British accent is something that I can not impersonate. My version of shirt is a lot different from the British version. I don't even pronounce the "t" and my "ir" sounds different. I'm still so confused as to why they hire the majority of U.S. Americans to teach British-English, but it doesn't matter, it usually doesn't affect my teaching. The students are also still working on their animal projects in science and they are doing great. I will show you pictures of some when those are finished. On another note, you know how I told you that I finally bought good hair products? Well, I got told by some first grade girls that my hair smelled good. Yay, shampoo is first grader approved. Thank you, Garnier Fructis! Anyway, the afternoon consisted of the same clothing and animal units and then I had private lessons after school. My lessons went well and I continue to question the English language. One of my students asked me what "meant" meant...in the sense of "He meant what he said." Luckily, I am a native English speaker and I can usually explain words in another way, but boy, sometimes I am thrown off by words that my students have questions about because it seems so natural. Anyway, that was my day. Pretty typical. Nothing special. Except my hair smelled good. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment