Thursday, April 10, 2014

Ya llegaron las vacaciones

Monday, April 7th

Sooo, next Monday I will be in both Morocco and Granada, Spain. So there's that.. Crazy. I can't believe Easter break is already almost here and by the time this blog is posted, I will be on my way to Morocco. That is unheard of. Ha. Anyway, on Monday I relaxed a lot, but also got a lot done. I wrote a blog, watched a lot of old Glee episodes, cleaned my room, started packing for break, did my Spanish homework, edited and posted some pictures, skyped my boyfriend, called my mom, bought and ate some delicious strawberries, hmmm what else? I think that's about it. Then, when the early evening rolled around, I went to Spanish class with Karin and stupid me forgot my transport pass so I had to pay for the trip there and back, but that's okay. Class was good. We planned how we would break into a museum. Ha, no really, we did. We were given a floor plan of a museum and where the cameras were and we had to tell how we would break in and steal the diamond. It was an exercise to practice storytelling and Karin and I's plan was pretty epic. It involved bats and the playing of Mission Impossible and We are the Champions. Let's just say our plan was not discreet at all. We were entering and exiting the museum in a pretty loud way. Ha. It was fun though. After class, we went on a shopping spree (not really), but we did go into a bunch of stores looking for lightweight pants to bring and wear in Morocco. It is not really custom or comfortable (for women) to wear shorts even in the hot weather of Morocco, so we were looking for pants, but didn't find any. We did see some at the Rastro on Sunday, but we didn't buy them. When I go to the Rastro again, I will have already been to Morocco, but I still might buy the pants because they are cute. :) And that was my Monday. It was a successful and yet unsuccessful when it comes to pants. :P


Tuesday, April 8th

Tuesday was a good day, too. At school, the students are now learning toys, kind of. There vocabulary list consists of doll, kite, ball, plane, dinosaur, but also computer and piano, which I wouldn't really consider toys, but whatever. They reviewed the vocabulary and watched the videos that come with their books. This units video is about a magician who pulls toys out of a hat for kids. And all of the names rhyme with the object. Jane wants a plane, Paul wants a ball, and since they couldn't think of a name that rhymed with dinosaur (or because it makes for a better story and more vocabulary), Lou wants glue to fix his broken dinosaur. Tehe. :) Then, in Science class, we did a matching activity with the words and pictures of the places in town and then they reviewed the different landscapes: mountainous landscape, coastal landscape, countryside, etc. During lunch, Esther and I had an abridged version of our language exchange because I cancelled on her so I could come home and get stuff done. Then, in the last class of the day (kindergarten), I played and practiced colors and numbers with the students. After school, I came home and got right to work for the things I wanted to do. I have a lot of silly things on my list that have to get down before I leave, like finishing these blogs, posting pictures and saving them to my hard drive so my SD card is empty, sewing a button on my coat, cleaning the kitchen, putting away laundry and packing, etc. A lot of small things that have to get done. I got some of them done, but not all of them. But I am still happy with my decision to come home early because I think I would have been super stressed without it, especially since my Wednesdays are so long. Well, I hope your Tuesday was as great or better than mine. :)


Wednesday, April 9th

Wednesday was a good, but stressful day. At school, the students are wound up for break, which is understandable. I'm feeling it too! For sure. The day started okay. When I went to bed on Tuesday, the hot water wasn't working, so I was already expecting it when I woke up and just decided not to shower..I know, gross. Oh well. Except I did get annoyed halfway through the day when my contact decided it did NOT want to be in my eye. So, I resorted to taking it out and throwing it in my water bottle. Ha. I was half blind for the rest of the day, which led to a slight headache, but I'd like to thank one of the moms at my lessons that gave me an ibuprofen and cut the lesson a half hour short so that I could get home earlier. The lessons all went well and once home, I made dinner and relaxed for a little bit because I needed it. We still didn't have hot water and I had a lot of stuff on my list to do, including packing for Morocco and figuring out all of the ridiculous details of the trip.
Tulips in Léganes..I love them!

Thursday, April 10th

Woke up this morning again with no hot water..ugh. I wouldn't really call what I took today a shower. I'm pretty sure there is still conditioner in my hair. The water is freezing! I know that that's the least of my worries though and I know there are plenty of people in this world that take freezing cold showers every day, so I'm done complaining. And really, who cares if I smell at the start of my trip. I'm going to smell anyway because I am going to Morocco where the temperature is going to be in the 90s, maybe even in the 100s. But yea, I got up this morning, kind of showered, finished packing, and headed off to school. The classes were actually okay today despite it being the last day before break. I had three English classes in the morning and they were all working on the same thing (reviewing the body parts) so they did a coloring page and had to label some body parts. In the afternoon, we had the last day of workshops and those also went well, but I am glad they are over. :) Now, I am at home, we have hot water so I am feeling great and refreshed and I am about a half hour away from leaving for the airport to start my Spring break trip to Morocco, Granada, and Málaga! The weather is beautiful and you are too! :D Have a great week and I will talk to you soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment