Monday, April 21, 2014

Happy Easter

Sunday, April 20th

On Sunday morning, at around 7 a.m., Karin and I arrived back to Madrid from all of our Easter break traveling. Once I got home, I went straight to bed. I slept for a few hours and then got up again to get ready and go to church with Karin and Stephanie. We went early because in between the two services they were having brunch...and I'm so glad we went! It was delicious and since it is an international church, there were international dishes and it was so good. :) After brunch, we had the service. It had it's ups and downs for me. Towards the beginning of worship, I started getting pretty upset about not being home. Although I normally love the music at IBC, since it was Easter Sunday, I was getting upset that none of the songs in the bulletin were hymns that my church usually sang. I just wanted something familiar and it wasn't there. I was trying to hold it together, but it wasn't really working, but right when I needed it, they did something really cool at the service. It was called the "Roll Call of the Nations." And what it was was that the church had people from different countries stand up and say their name, country, and say "The Lord is risen" in their language. It was so cool and we heard it in around 20 languages from across the world including Chinese, Hungarian, Romania, Spanish, English, Korean, some dialects from the Phillipines and Africa, etc. And each time, we responded with "He is risen indeed." And right then, I was reminded that it wasn't about where I was or who I was with. It was about the celebrating of Christ's resurrection and, to be honest, that is all I needed to calm down. That and the fact that the choir sang a beautiful "Hallelujah Chorus" complete with the band. It was just awesome. So, overall church was great and here is a picture of the girls and I dressed in our Sunday best.
After church, I went home and just relaxed some more. I needed it. I mean, I got things done though, too. I unpacked, did my laundry, edited some pictures, and didn't blog at all (Sorry). Last night, I was also able to Skype my family and my boyfriend. It turned out to be a fantastic day. And actually, Karin and I weren't even supposed to be in Madrid. You will read this once I get to my Spring break travel blogs, but Karin and I were supposed to get home Sunday late at night, but we changed our plans. And I am so glad we did. :) I hope all of you had fantastic days celebrating with your family. Happy Easter! Feliz Pascua!


Monday, April 21st

Today, I slept in and slept in some more and I want to do it again tomorrow, but it's back to school for me. Today, I spent most of the day avoiding going grocery shopping, then actually going grocery shopping, eating, editing pictures, cleaning, and again not blogging. I went to my Spanish class tonight, where we had a test from the last set of classes we had and then came home and relaxed more. I have no idea when I will get to all of my blogs from Easter break, but I have a feeling I will need a couple of weeks. So, just check back every once in awhile to see if I have posted anything new. And if you never got to catch up on my other blogs, you can take this time to do that. :) I'll keep you posted and I hope you're excited to hear about my trips to Morocco, Granada, and Málaga.

P.S. Also, my college wrote a story about me that you can read here.
P.S.S. Remember that dance class that I took awhile ago. Here is a YouTube video from the class. You can see me a few times in it. I am in a maroon shirt and you can see me for the first time at :40 on the left side back.


No comments:

Post a Comment