Monday, April 28, 2014

Dos clases de español

Sunday, April 27th

On Sunday morning, Karin and I went to church and when we got there I was relieved to see that we were singing some of the songs that I missed so much last week during Easter, like "Christ the Lord is Risen Today" and "He Lives." Also, there were baptisms at church. Five people from four different places (Spain, Ireland, China, and Nigeria) got baptized yesterday. It was nice to see that and the message was about baptism, which I enjoyed. The pastor talked about how baptism is like a wedding ring. It is a public proclamation of your decision. If you take away a wedding ring, it doesn't take away the marriage and if you take away baptism, it doesn't mean that you are not a believer. He also pointed out that just because one has been baptized doesn't mean they are a follower. You have to believe first. Baptism is not magic. It was a good message and we sang a song that I had never heard, but really liked.
After church, Karin and I ate lunch at my house and then I got a few things done/did nothing too. I did some Spanish homework and still did not write a single blog from Easter break. Ha. Whoops, sorry. Someone might need to motivate me to do that. Anyway, at night, I went over to Karin's apartment with Stephanie and we (I didn't really do anything) made shepherd's pie. It was delicious and then we were going to watch The Gladiator because we saw where some of the movie was filmed in Morocco (you would know this if I wrote my blog already..ha), but I, personally, got pretty uninterested in it from the beginning, so we just skipped to the Morocco scenes and then we put on a much more lighthearted movie, Crazy, Stupid, Love. I love that movie so much and it makes me laugh. I'm really glad we watched it and I will never forget when I saw it in theaters in Peru. Anyway, that was how we ended our night and it was perfect.


Monday, April 28th

Today was a good day. I got up and the sun was shining. I ate breakfast and got the kitchen cleaned right off the bat. Then, I did some Spanish homework and wrote part of this blog. This evening, I had not one, but two Spanish classes. I have added a private lesson for me every other week because when I get back to the U.S. I have to take an exam for my Illinois teaching license, so I decided to add the extra class just to get more practice in and to prepare specifically for the test. Anyway, both classes were really good. In the main class, we went over and learned some gestures that are used in everyday Spanish because language is not just speaking with your mouths. It was cool to learn the body language and we definitely went over some that I have seen people do before, but didn't necessarily know what it meant. I was a little worried at one point in the class because my laptop got the blue screen of death, but once I got home it turned on just fine and I ran a scan and everything seems to check out, so let's hope it stays that way. :) Anyway, I am gonna go for now. I will talk to you all soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment