Thursday, January 3, 2013

Welcome Back!

Long time, no talk.  The "Welcome Back" in the title is a welcome back for me.  I sit down here reluctantly to write this blog, because it has been quite a long time since I've written, but let's give it a shot.

This past semester has been a busy one, like all are.  I took a full load of five classes which included: Human Anatomy, Jazz, a Spanish topic class, and two Education classes.  I really enjoyed Human Anatomy, we learned about all the different systems of the body, a partner and I had fun making a movable eye model, I got to see the inside of a deer heart and a sheep's eye, plus I passed the class, so overall it was really good. :)  Jazz as always was always fun to go to.  I love the instructor for that class and one of my favorite days in that class was learning "Thriller" on Halloween. And just to add a little fun to this blog post:
My Spanish topic class dealt with the gauchos of Argentina, which can be compared to cowboys in the U.S.  We read an epic poem, "El Gaucho Martín Fierro," which is considered a work that helps to define Argentine national identity.  It wasn't my favorite class, but it did mark my last Spanish class that I took at Carthage completing my Spanish major.  My last two classes were Education classes that were both very similar.  Both dealt with the use of literacy in schools and how to include it in your content area.  For both of these classes, I was able to go to a high school and observe, as well as teach at a local high school.  It was a blast, I learned a lot, and it got me excited to student teach this coming semester.

Other things that were on my plate this semester were again being a part of the Iluzion hip hop dance team.  We've only had one performance, but we have several more planned for this coming semester.  Sorry there is no video yet, but one will come. :)  Speaking of dance, I also was again involved in the dance show at Carthage.  I was in two dances and then I had the opportunity to choreograph a solo.  It was a great experience and the show was a success.  Only one more dance show at Carthage to go.  Finally, other priorities first semester included finishing my student teaching application, my education portfolio, and Fulbright application.  I find out at the end of this month if I move on further in the application process.  My hopes are high, but we'll see. :)

Now on to the fun things of the semester!

  • Went to the Kenosha Dinosaur museum with Tim
  • Jumped off the pier in Kenosha
  • Last first day of class with my roommate, Taylor
  • Went to Six Flags with my sister, uncle, and cousins :)
  • Ate lots of sushi
  • Went to graduation party for my brother-in-law (he graduated from the Police Academy)
  • Carthage Homecoming 2012
  • Went to Kenosha's pumpkin patch/corn maze and carved some pumpkins
  • Went to a Pilobolus dance master class (See video below to see this style of dance)
  • Went to Six Flags with Tim for Fright Fest
  • My parents came for Family Weekend
  • Dressed up as Calvin and Hobbes with Tim for Halloween
  • Went to dinner and Les Mis in Chicago
  • Saw the last Twilight movie with some friends
  • Had good food and company at Thanksgiving
  • Worked my last Christmas Fest at Carthage
  • Carthage Fall Dance show
  • Went to ugly sweater party
  • My 22nd Birthday
  • Received my student teaching placements for the Spring
  • Finished my last semester of classes at Carthage
This previous list only brings us up to about halfway through December, but I don't want to go any further.  I'll do that in my next post.  However, for your entertainment, here are some pictures that accompany the previous list:














Okay, well that's the end of this blog.  In my next one you will learn what I did over Christmas break and what's in store for me this coming semester. :)  Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment