Sunday, January 27, 2013

Last J-term

Okay, so Carthage has this thing called January term, otherwise known as J-term and pretty much it's supposedly the best time of the year.  Students only take one class for the month of January so there's more time and less homework therefore making it a relaxing month.  For me this year, I didn't take a class at all.  I worked full-time in the office that I have worked at since freshman year.  It's a blast there and it was a great way to spend my last J-term.  This coming semester I will not be taking classes, but I will be teaching them.  That's right.  Tomorrow, January 28th, I will be starting my student teaching experience, not to be confused with my past study abroad experience.  Although, going into a classroom of Kindergarteners - 5th graders will be much like a foreign country.  I'm anxious to start and if I didn't say it before, I plan to discuss my student teaching experiences here on my blog.  For the third quarter, as I said, I will be at an elementary school and for the 4th quarter, I will switch to a high school.  However, since I haven't quite started yet, let's go back to talking about my J-term.

The number one goal of mine during J-term this year was to finish my cross-stitch and I did.  Yeah!  Between watching Grey's Anatomy and The Bachelor, that gave me good quality cross-stitching time.
Here it is...

As for dancing, I've still been pretty busy with that, too.  We've already had several performances for the hip hop dance team, Iluzion!  Like this one...


or this one. (hopefully the link works)

Also with dance, my friend, Seles and I are choreographing for the Spring dance show to Jessie J's Who You Are and that's going fantastically!  I'm so excited to put it on the stage in March.  Also, I will be in another dance for the show, however, we haven't started rehearsals for that quite yet.  Also, on my list of fun obligations is the newly created Carthage Globetrotters.  It's a student organization that some friends and I started for students who have studied abroad.  It's still in the works, but I'm excited to see what the semester has in store for us.

Of course I've been watching some movies over J-term as well.  Like Pitch Perfect!  So good.  Funny.  Good music. :) How Do You Know?, which was an okay movie.  Also, as I type, Twilight: Eclipse is on.  My roommate and I got crafty and made a gingerbread man, provided by my grandma and it was delicious!  Taylor and I also went shopping, where I bought a whole new student teaching wardrobe. Woot woot! :D  Speaking of student teaching, I have met both of my cooperating teachers now and I look forward to working with both of them!  It's such an exciting time!

Finally, some last minute fun before my life gets busy was going to a Reel Big Fish concert at the Rave in Milwaukee!  It was a blast and I was with some amazing people!  It wasn't as amazing afterward because we stood out in the cold waiting for the cops to show up because someone had busted in the window, but it was still a good time and everyone was still in a good mood because of the concert and company. :)


Lastly, I went to an Arbonne party where I got a facial and a foot scrub, which felt amazing.  My last week of work is done and I spent part of this last weekend at my boyfriend's, where we ate dinner with my sister and brother-in-law.  I also was fortunate enough to see my grandma and grandpa and I had some good quality time with a friend last night.

As I said before, my first day of student teaching is tomorrow and I will let you know how that goes!  I hope you all have wonderful Mondays and a good night. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment