Monday, March 5, 2012

¿Por qué?

So I am sure all of you are wondering what I have been up to lately...see picture...
 ...those would be eleven books for my thesis...only one is in English, the rest in Spanish.  Boy, am I glad at the fact that Spanish doesn't intimidate me.  I'm actually still very happy about where my thesis is headed, which just doesn't seem right.  I feel like something is just bound to go wrong, but, if not, then that's awesome!!!  Although nothing has gone wrong, it is still very time consuming, but, surprisingly, I'm doing really well with that too.  I have to have four pages written for tomorrow and guess what?!  They are already done (I actually have four and a half pages :)).  I'm not going to be staying up until three or four in the morning writing and researching, which is amazing!!!  Anyway, on to more exciting news...one of the books that I am reading was published by Católica, my university in Perú!! See....
I got really really excited when I saw that!!!

Okay, now let's bring it back to Carthage...

The Spring dance show, Imagine, Inspire, Illuminate, is this weekend!  We've been getting ready for it since January and I know we are all ready to put it on the stage and it's going to be an amazing show!  Since this is the week before the show, it's what theatre/dance people call "tech week" a.k.a. you rehearse every night leading up to that first curtain call.  So, tonight, I had my "cue to cues" where the we rehearse and the choreographer figures out how they want the lighting and then later this week, we will have full run-throughs of the entire show with costumes and make-up.  So, I will be busy this week, but it will be a good busy! :)

Okay, now on to last week...

It was the usual week. :)  However, the end of the week was amazing!  It started with skyping Tonisha and Mark (my friends that I met in Perú) at the same time!!!!!  It was AWESOME!!!!  We had a lot of fun talking and catching up and we had a lot of fun with the camera and special effects, too....
Then, on Friday, my friend, Jessica, from Chicago came up to visit me!!!  It was a great weekend!  On Friday night, we saw the musician that came to Carthage, Preston Pugmire.  He was really good and if you don't believe me then watch this...

Then, what else would you do on a Friday night other than play Clue and Scattergories?!  Nothing, of course.  On Saturday, we slept in, big time :), then I had dance rehearsal, but then Jess and I sat down to do some homework, which was nice.  On Saturday night, we went and saw the Carthage play, Oleanna. It was SO good!!!!  Although I saw it, I'm not good at explaining what it is about in few words, therefore, I am going to let Wikipedia do that for me "Oleanna is a two-character play by David Mamet, about the power struggle between a university professor and on of his female students, who accuses him of sexual exploitationo and, by doing so, spoils his chances of being accorded tenure."  If you want to know more about the play, go here.  Also, there was a talk back after the play, so the audience got to talk to the director and the actors about their parts and the contents of the play.  Then, of course, we ended the night with Clue again!  Yep, that's right.  It was Mrs. Peacock in the library with the rope.


So, pretty much, I can say that everything is still going well!  I hope you are doing well, too!  Also, thanks to all of you who still read this.  I really appreciate it!  Good night!  Have a good week!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment