Saturday, March 17, 2012

Imagine, Inspire, Illuminate

Okay, so I have been up to a lot lately, but right now it's Spring break so I'm going to catch up on blogging and tell you what I've been doing for the last two weeks.  Well, last weekend was our Spring dance show, Imagine, Inspire, Illuminate and it went sooo well!!!  I danced everyday that week because we had our tech rehearsals so it was a busy, but awesome week leading up to opening night.  Every show went soo well and the audiences really seemed to like it!!!  Plus, I got to see so many people that I care about!!  All of my friends from Carthage came to see the show, plus two of my friends from high school, my mom, dad, grandma, and sister all came to see me dance!!  It was an amazing weekend full of dance and family!!
My grandma, sister, and I after the show
"Rooms" - taken by Bailey Mounts
Amanda, Seles, and I (two of my dancer friends!)
Kelly, Hannah, Amanda, Kaitlyn, and I (cast of "Staging Reality")

So that one week ago and I'm already sad it's over, however, it does free up my time a little bit now.  This past week I was pretty busy with just getting everything done before break.  Professors seem to give you more homework before and during break.  I still haven't figured out why.  Also, this past Thursday I observed at Bradford High School, a high school in Kenosha.  I am required to do observation hours for my Classroom Management class, so I observed two Italian classes and a Spanish class.  It was actually really interesting watching the Italian classes because it is similar to Spanish.  I recognized several words because of the similarities to Spanish words, however, there were some that I had no clue what they meant.  It was an overall good day and I saw both good and bad things in the classroom.  There are some concepts that I will want to use in my future classroom and others that I don't want to use.  That's really why we observe: to figure out what works and what doesn't.  Plus, it's a good way to make connections with teachers.

Okay, so I know I said I was busy this week, but I really don't have a lot else to talk about, so it seems that I was lying, but I wasn't. :)  Anyway, like I said it's Spring break now, so I'm at home, but last night before heading home from school, my mom, sister, and I went to a Lady Gaga cover concert in Chicago because one of my good friends is a back-up dancer in the show!  It was sooo good!!  I'm so glad we went!  I'm not sure when the show will be in Chicago again, but when it is...if you like Lady Gaga's music, then you should go to the show!!
My back-up dancer friend, Ian, and I :)
Here's a news report done on the show, too. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment