Sunday, June 1, 2014

Amélie

Saturday, May 31st

Yesterday, was a great day and I was super productive! I got up early and did my weekly chores, I took a Spanish level test (and I'm pretty happy with the results!), I wrote two short essays for my Spanish class, and most importantly, I caught up on all of my blogging! That's right. I am 100% done with all of my blogs from Spring break and after! Yay! So please go check them out! They are awesome and you will love reading about my experiences or at least looking at the pictures. :P At night, I went to Stephanie's house because it was her turn to cook us all dinner. We had chicken shish kabobs and they were sooo good! Also, she bought us mini baklava for dessert and they were delicious as well! To sum it up, we had an awesome dinner! After a productive day and a fantastic dinner, we sat down to watch Amélie. If you don't know it, it is a French movie and it won several awards. It also happens to be the highest grossing French language movie in the U.S. We watched it in French with Spanish subtitles, so we got some Spanish practice in there, which was great. Also, it was a really good movie..a little strange, but I liked it. I would recommend it to others. After the movie, we went our separate ways and went to sleep.


Sunday, June 1st

Holy moly, it's June! I can't believe it! I come home this month. I am super excited about that, but I'm also going to miss Spain and traveling. As this month goes on, my posts might start getting more reflective about the past 8 months that I have been here. I have already started my "What I miss in the U.S." and "What I will miss in Spain" lists, so I will be sharing those in less than a month, crazy! Anyway, today again was a super duper productive day! Stephanie, Karin, and I went to the Rastro and I am pretty much done souvenir shopping which is awesome! Also, I bought a few things for myself just for fun. :) Then, I headed home and like I said I was super productive. I have accumulated a huge stack of papers throughout the school year so I went through all of those and got rid of everything that I don't want to keep. I cleaned my closet that had turned into just a pile of clothes because I wasn't hanging anything and I started packing. Haha. I know I jumped the gun a little and I know my boyfriend thought it was funny when we were skyping and he asked "So, when will you start packing?" and I answered with "Today," but I really only packing my winter coat, scarf, and long sleeved stuff. And really, I didn't actually pack them. I just threw them in my suitcase to get them out of the way. Haha, but it was still funny. Anyway, I had an amazing and productive weekend, which I am pretty happy about and I start my new schedule where I get off early from school tomorrow. So life is good and the days have been sunny. I hope you all had fantastic weekends and I will talk to you soon! :D

And remember, please go read about all my traveling adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment