Friday, May 23, 2014

Una semana normal

Okay this is just going to be a general blog because my days are all jumbled together in my head, plus nothing too exciting happened this week. Monday was my day off and I blogged a lot! I actually finished my Spring break blogs, but I still have to blog about Munich and Feria de Sevilla, so I am going to hold back on posting them, so I can just post them all at once. :) On Monday, I also cleaned the kitchen and my room and then did homework for Spanish class, then I had Spanish class. It was a good class, but it wasn't so challenging for me this time. I already knew most of the stuff we were reviewing that day so it didn't push me, but I still did learn and practice a few things. :)

For the rest of the week, in general, all the classes are doing the same thing. In science, we are working on the projects. I have two classes doing their projects on transportation and one doing their project on jobs. It's actually a really difficult thing to do and involves a lot of translating for them because they bring the information in Spanish and we have to tell them what it is in English so they can write it down. Beats me how they still don't know I know Spanish. Ha. Actually I think a lot of them have accepted that I can understand it, but don't speak it, but who knows? In English, we are finishing up the action verb unit and starting on a unit about the beach and sea with words like sea, turtle, sand, sun, rock, etc. :) And then in the kindergarten classes, I played alphabet bingo, watched a weird version of Beauty and the Beast and colored, and got a lot of pictures. My favorite one that I got is of Elsa from Frozen. It's adorable and the girl who gave it to me is also named Andrea. :)
As for my private lessons, this was my second to last week for them. Crazy! It will be nice to have all of the extra time, but I will also miss them. I told them that they can get a hold of me if they need any help on studying for finals in June though. :) One of my students is preparing for the Trinity Exam, which is an English exam that students must take and pass to continue on in the language. I don't really know what happens if they don't pass it, but I know it's important to pass it, so this week we played a game to help him practice for that. In another lesson, we have been reading a book all year and we are about 20 pages short, so hopefully we will finish it next week, but that's a lot to catch up on. I told her that I would stay late next week to finish the book, if we don't during the class hour. Heck, I want to know how it ends, too. The other two older girls that I have for class were supposed to read during lessons, too, however it turned into a strictly conversational class, but one of the girls saw the movie for her book, Bridge to Terabithia, in class. The teacher put on the movie and she was like "Hey, my book.." Ha. So now she knows the ending and probably will never read it. :) But, I'm going to encourage her to anyway.

Another exciting thing that happened this week is that I had a phone screening for a Spanish teaching job in the U.S. I really couldn't tell you how it went. It's a toss up. I don't think it went horribly, but it wasn't fantastic either, but the assistant superintendent guaranteed that I would hear from the principal of the school at some point (good or bad news), but she couldn't tell me when. I know a lot of the schools in the United States are still wrapping up, so I am anticipating that I will be contacted a lot next month. Well..I'm hoping I will. :)

As for today, Friday, I went to school and worked helped the students work on their science project and then the school had an assembly to inaugurate their showcase. They have set up this amazing showcase of all the different things that the students have worked on throughout the school year. I would say it's like the open houses that we had growing up, but kind of on a more extreme scale because the displays are amazing.
Kindergarten Maflada display
1st grade Peter Pan display
Pre-K and Kindergarten Wizard of Oz
and Alice in Wonderland displays
After school, I came home, ate lunch, and now I am getting ready to leave for Marbella to visit my friend, Tonisha. She is doing the same thing I am doing, but in the south of Spain. It has been raining all week all over Spain, but I'm hoping we get some good beach weather. I have an eight hour bus ride down there, so I'm hoping to finish my blogging so I can post all of those on Monday when I return. :) I hope you all have wonderful weekends and I will talk to you soon. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment